Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/3 14:34
Hi,
Ifm planning to visit Japan in April(2019). Ifm having problem with transportation between Kawaguchiko and Odawara. I will be spending one night in Kawaguchiko and the next day I will be travelling to Osaka. Initially my plan was to buy the Fuji Hakone pass. However, Ifm not sure on how to manage my luggage on Hakone Tozan Bus. It would be difficult (I guess) as it is not an express bus. So I decided to hire a transfer from Kawaguchiko to Odawara, so I can store my luggage then roam around in Hakone before departing Odawara for Shin Osaka. My problem is I canft find any transfer services from the said location. Can anybody help me with this?
by Baizura (guest)  

Re: Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/4 09:39
Most of the advice on TripAdvisor is to get the bus from Kawaguchiko to Mishima, but that doesn't really help with your wanting to spend the day travelling around Hakone area.
The basic problem is the location/access to/from Kawaguchiko to locations further south - as you are discovering, it is a pain. Can you look at a same-day luggage forwarding option to get your cases to Hakone-Yumoto. Not sure if your accommodation can send it back or if it is outside of the delivery/return area https://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/english/carry/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/4 13:00
I think the luggage delivery service canft be done as the accomodation at Osaka is Airbnb. I read somewhere that they wonft send it to Air bnb.
by Baizura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/4 13:06
If your accommodation is an airbnb maybe check if there is a service centre close by that you can get it forwarded to instead. I have that problem too but have found that in most cases there is a service centre within 5-10 min walk.
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/5 09:31
The luggage transfer service I was referring to was the same-day within Hakone area service, not to Osaka. That would be a next day service.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko-Odawara transfer 2019/3/5 11:17
Oh, in that case, I canft use within hakone luggage transfer.. Ifve sent an email to yamoto takkyubin service an will wait for their reply. Thank you for your responses..
by Baizura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread