Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sophia University chances 2019/3/4 00:25
This question is directed towards current or past students of the Faculty of Science and Technology (FST).

Hello, I am currently a senior in high-school who is expected to graduate in May of 2019. I plan on applying to the Faculty of Science and Technology for Autumn 2019. I was unable to apply for the first application so I plan on applying for the second application. I would like to know if I am eligible for applying and what chances I have to get accepted.

I'm an American citizen who has studied under the California education system for a total of 11 years. I spent one year in Japan studying at an international school due to family problems. I looked at the guidelines for who can apply but I am worried if I do not reach the requirements.

Does the school's admissions office prefer one aspect of the applicants application over the other? For example, does the school pay attention more to your GPA, SAT/ACT Score, GPA, Grades, Extracurricular activities, etc. At the moment, my GPA sits around 3.73 and my highest SAT score is 1320. I have taken two other times but they were lower. I participated in a commercial rock band at school and practiced martial arts outside of school. I even volunteered for a researcher at Tokyo University during the past summer.

Do all required documents have to be sent by mail? Could they also be sent through the online application system?

Since I have studied at schools that taught only in English for more than 5 years, I assume that I do not have to present the school with a TOEFL or IELTS score, correct?

Thank you for reading and answering my questions. I apologize for any grammatical errors that were made in this post.

by Kyle (guest)  

Re: Sophia University chances 2019/3/5 03:32
Welcome to Japan as well as Sophia university. If we citizens of third world country can study Japanese university, then why you can't study?
Give a try at least once in your life time.
by Imran khan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread