Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/5 15:43
Found this list of supposedly "unique" experiences in Japan on this new travel planning app I use called Lemi: https://lemi.travel/lemi/truly-tokyo

I'm wondering if the places listed here are worth visiting or should I steer clear of them (are they tourist traps?)? It'd be great to get some recommendations too of what I could try in Tokyo that would really give me the feeling that I'm in Japan. Thanks!
by Roy (guest)  

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/5 16:37
If you want to experience what is really Japan, you should travel outside of the big cities like Tokyo. Just my opinion though.
by atrix (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/5 16:41
Robot restaurant is a tourist trap.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/5 17:48
I saw the URL. If you are interested in Japanese youth culture, Kawaii Monster Cafe Harajuku is worth to go. Other places are not very interesting. (The robot cafe is a tourist trap)

If you want to see the unique landscape in Japan, Kansai (Kyoto and Nara) is recommended, but it is full of foreigners.

If you are visiting Japan for the first time, I think that Tokyo and Kamakura are good. Otherwise, we recommend Kyushu (eg Fukuoka), Kanazawa, Tohoku (Sendai and Aomori).
by LinaLisa rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/5 21:01
ZAUO Fishing Restaurant (Shinjuku)
Do not go there, only take tourist money.
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/6 04:14
I've never been to the robot restaurant, but walking around kabukicho area is fun. Instead of going these specific shops recommended by that person, find areas that are interesting to you. This of course differs for every person. Like I think Asakusa/sensoji temple is one of the biggest tourist traps in Tokyo...
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/6 08:31
Do you recommend I visit these places?

Not really.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do you recommend I visit these places? 2019/3/6 10:18
Recommend? It's a matter of taste - I've been to quite a few on that list for various reasons.

I do quite like the Ninja restaurant, but it's a bit over-priced for what you get. I'd prefer to spend my money on good food somewhere else. The theme is quite good and the table magic is pretty cool.

Robot Restaurant - an overly loud venue (they hand out earmuffs for people) where they use it as an opportunity sell over-priced cans of beer to tourists - yes, definitely a tourist trap. Some people love it (mainly dance/music, some robots), other people hate it.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread