Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/6 21:58
I'm going to Tokyo via Haneda Airport for 14D13N. However, I obviously cannot spend ALL 14 Days in Tokyo, so I thought that I might head to Hokkaido for maybe 5 or 6 Days and 4 to 5 Nights? However, I've never been to Hokkaido before and since I'll be going in Winter, I don't really know what to do there? I don't think I'll be going skiing and I don't really fancy the idea of one of those public onsens. Unless there are affordable private onsens, besides them, are there any other destinations/activities that are decently-priced that I can do there?
by HZL (guest)  

Re: What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/7 15:21
This Japan-guide has thousands of information about Hokkaido, please
Look at that suggestion.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/7 15:24
Here to get some idea what you can do in Hokkaido: https://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

Why do YOU want to go there, I cannot know, but there are other parts of Japan you could go for 4-5 days as well if you donft want to stay 14 days in kanto (which is totally possible and in winter you get very good weather in kanto ). Itfs your trip , so your general planning.

Once you have a possible itinerary if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/7 18:29
There is plenty to do in Tokyo over 14 days and if you are budget-conscious you may want to look at a Tokyo Wide Pass instead and use it to visit places like Fujigoko, Gala Yuzawa, Kusatsu Onsen, etc. You don't *have* to go to Hokkaido.

You also didn't specify when exactly. Winter is a 3 month period.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/7 23:29
There is a huge difference between December and Feb in relation to weather. Have you thought about visiting Tohoku instead? Transport links are easier and there are some really fantastic places to visit which are great in winter which are not just skiing.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: What should I plan in a trip to Hokkaido? 2019/3/8 07:56
Since it's already early March and you're traveling in "winter", I guess you're planning sometime in late March or early April??

You don't seem like a winter person :-) so why not travel west and not north to Hokkaido?
OR you can travel along the sakura cherry blossom front. I would enjoy that! In that case, depending on exactly when you are coming, the destination would differ.
by Hanna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread