Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/9 14:03
Hi all,

I'm staying up near Gora station in April. I'm planning to take the ropeway to Togendai and sail across the lake on the sightseeing boats.

I'd like to take the bus back to Odawara from there (instead of backtracking), but obviously don't want to carry any luggage around.

I will have small luggage, so taking it on the ropeway and on the boat is no biggie. But once im on the south side of the lake (moto-hakone) I'd like to just drop it off somewhere until the bus ride.

Thanks for all the help.
- Nathan
by Asperon  

Re: Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/10 01:27
As a note I've discovered that the hakone-tozan bus can't do luggage. And I get into hakone too late to do hakone carry from hakone-yumoto.

We are heading to Kyoto after our day in hakone.

So I'm not sure if it would work. I will call our Ryokan and see if they offer anything while I wait for answers on here.
by Asperon rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/10 01:33
So...it looks like could do hakone carry to hakone yumoto from my Ryokan possibly.

If anyone knows let me know.

I apologize for posting a question and then answering it myself, but I am a big believer in not letting the community do all work. I got stuck so came here, any additional insight is helpful thank you.

Hakone carry service 2019/3/10 01:52
Ok, so the Ryokan I'm staying at has the Hakone Carry Service.

So we can do that I assume!

My only concern is if my luggage will actually make to hakone-yumoto by 15:30 when I need it there

Re: Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/10 02:20
It would seem easier to just ship your luggage directly from Tokyo (or wherever you are staying before Hakone) to Tokyo and bring only minimal luggage (e.g. a backpack) for the 1 night in Hakone. No worries if you can find a open coin locker or if the luggage will arrive in time. (If the hotel says it will arrive before 15:30, then it will by all means).

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/10 02:28
Hi, do you really have to bring your luggage to Hakone with you? Maybe you will be better off by sending your luggage straight to Kyoto by takyubin (from where you are before heading to Hakone). If there is something you need to have with you in Hakone, just bring a backpack or any smaller bag with you.

Most likely you will get to Hakone through Odawara station. You can easily find a locker there and store your luggage. You will eventually head to Kyoto through Odawara anyway.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage lockers around Hakonemachi-ko? 2019/3/10 15:11
We are landing in Haneda and going straight to Hakone. So yes, we'll be passing through Odawara and coming back to it for the Shinkansen.

We are traveling with only carrying size luggage, so lockers are possible, but the person I'm with probably wouldn't handle "take only what you need to survive" very well.

I have confirmed my Ryokan will send the luggage to Hakone-Yumoto via Hakone Carry Service. Just not sure about when it would arrive there.

My Japanese isn't good, but I might call to find out

reply to this thread