Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 18:14
We will be visiting Tokyo next year in late Jan 2020 and would like to visit Hitachi Seaside Park.
May I know if the park is open in late Jan 2020?
If yes, will there be any flowers that we can see when visiting?
by MS (guest)  

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 18:54
This year it was open in January so I’d guess that next year won’t be different.
Here some flowers they claim you could see in January/February: https://hitachikaihin.jp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/February.pdf

Disclaimer: I have never been to that park. Knowing Japanese climate I would expect that outside there will be no or only minimal flowers (after all it’s winter ) but they seem to have flower exhibitions.

I think that i personally wouldn’t make all the trip out to Hitachi Seaside Park to see some flowers in a greenhouse. Maybe have a look at botanical gardens in Tokyo? But if there is something else attracting you to the region / park, go ahead.

Enjoy flower watching.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 19:06
What does this website say?

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6203.html

What does the Park’s website say?

https://en.hitachikaihin.jp/
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 21:09
@LikeBike ahhh, I love that... "I've never been but I'm going to give advice like I know what I'm talking about!!1!!"

There aren't any greenhouses there, it's a HUGE park, and there's a lot more to see and do than just flowers. One of my favorite areas of the park is the natural sand dune area with paths throughout and views of the ocean. It never has colorful blooming flowers, but is beautiful and peaceful every time I've gone.

Roubai are waxy yellow flowers that aren't very attractive but smell really good, and they'll likely be blooming through January. It also looks like they've got some winter-blooming tulips during that time. Even without the flowers though, it's a really great park with lots of different biomes to explore. January will probably be very chilly, especially as it's located by the ocean, so make sure to consider the weather as well. If it's sunny, even if it's cold, it would be a nice day trip out of Tokyo. But there are a lot of closer parks as well.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 21:19
@Murney, well, you also don't seem to know everything about this park, because the link I posted even has a picture of the green house (グラスハウス).

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/10 22:16
Oh boy. That's not a green house, it's a restaurant called the "Glass House". It has a cafe and small seating area (you can even see if you look closely at the picture), and is in the sand dune area I mentioned previously, with a slight view of the sea. If there are flowers growing in there, it's like one bouquet or maybe a single plant. I've never tried the food, but it's a nice place for a view if it's windy. I do remember they have sandwiches, but overall a pretty mediocre menu.

But please, continue on! Tell me more about this park you've never been to!
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Hitachi Seaside Park open in end Jan 2020? 2019/3/11 07:12
But please, continue on! Tell me more about this park you've never been to!

Murny, there’s no need to be rude and critical when someone makes the effort to respond to someone else’s post. If you have experience of this Park, certainly provide whatever guidance you can and, if necessary, politely suggest corrections if you believe some information provided by others may be erroneous. As my Mother used to remind me, “If you can’t say something nice about a person, don’t say anything at all.”
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread