Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/12 08:08
I have made reservations for a couple Kintetsu limited express tickets online. I understand that I also need to buy the basic fare ticket in order to get on. Does anyone know if I can purchase the basic fare tickets several days before they are actually used ? I'd like to do this so that we do not have to queue up for the tickets before boarding the train on the day we travel.
by chiroyoko  

Re: Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/12 10:51
I believe you buy it from the ticket machines in the station like you would anywhere else (or just use an IC card)

The reserved ticket is proof of your seat and not what you use to get through the ticket gates.
by Asperon rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/12 13:08
The duration of validity of a base fare ticket depends on the travel distance covered by it. Tickets for 100 kilometers or less are valid on one calendar day. Tickets from 100 to 200 kilometers are valid on two consecutive days. After that, the duration of validity increases by one day for every additional 200 kilometers traveled.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/12 15:00
Many thanks to both of you for your help. We are only going from Osaka to Yoshino. Sounds like if we are buying tickets , they need to be purchased on the day of travel. Is the Suica from Tokyo accepted at the Kintetsu gates ? If they are then we will just need to make sure there is enough money in the cards and would not have to buy tickets at all.
by chiroyoko rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/12 15:44
Yes, Suica can be used. You can see if there is enough money each time you pass a ticket gate. And I think you can even hear the difference in the Beto when it falls under 500 yen. As long as you have a bit of money on it, you can always also do fare adjustment at you arrival station. Taking trains in Japan is extremely well organized and thus quite relaxing.

Enjoy your trip to Yoshino!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu basic fare tickets 2019/3/13 12:27
Thank you so very much for the useful info. It will surely be a relaxing trip without having to worry about the basic fare ticket. Yes , we look forward to viewing the amazing cherry blossoms in Yoshino.
by chiroyoko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread