Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Carry Service 2019/3/12 09:22
Hi all,

I want to use Hakone Carry Service (HCS) while in the Hakone area.

Unfortunately, I've called HCS and they only speak Japanese... I tried to muddle through with my basic knowledge, was unsuccessful (my listening comprehension sucks).

My Ryokan uses HCS, but won't/can't provide any information.

I have 2 main questions:

1) When schedule return service (accommodation => Hakone-Yumoto Station), do you have to do that at the counter in Hakone-Yumoto or can the Ryokan handle it?

2) I need my luggage to be delivered by 15:00, but the website just says 13:00 - 19:00, do you know if they have different rates based on speed? Or a way to guarantee the luggage will arrive at Hakone-Yumoto by a certain time of day?

Thanks,
Nathan
by Asperon  

Re: Hakone Carry Service 2019/3/12 11:56
You can do that at Ryokan front desk before 10:00am in the morning. But make sure about the time when you arrive at Ryokan. Some Ryokan may have different time.
Then they will handle it and you luggage should be at Hakone-Yumoto station by 15:00, (before your train departure time).
Otherwise this service is useless.
(The arrival time you can ask for your luggage should be no earlier than 13:30 and later than 19:00.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Carry Service 2019/3/12 12:09
Awesome thank you!
by Asperon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread