Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji excursion train 2019/3/16 12:40
Today is the launching day for this Fuji Excursion train.
Anyone tried using this train to kawaguchiko?

Is it covered with JR Pass?

Thx
by IC (guest)  

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/3/16 16:04
The only JR pass to cover the entire trip is the Tokyo Wide Pass. The Japan Rail Pass and the JR East passes are only valid as far as Otsuki, while the section from Otsuki to Kawaguchiko requires an additional fee.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/3/16 17:04
Thx uji. Where do you get the info from anyway? I searched the net but didnt get any proper statement about it.
by IC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/3/16 17:40
Where do you get the info from anyway?

The rules state that the Japan Rail Pass is not valid on non-JR tracks. Since the section between Otsuki and Kawaguchiko is a non-JR track, the Japan Rail Pass is not valid. As for the Tokyo Wide Pass, it has a special rule that it exceptionally is valid on trains between Otsuki and Kawaguchiko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/3/21 23:07
does anyone know what the supplement fee is ? and how and where i would buy ticket or pay the supplement fee
thanks
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/3/22 10:35
You can put in the start and finish stations into hyperdia to see close to the fees you need to pay.

I think the best option for getting and paying for a ticket since those a reservation only train is to go to a JR ticket window or service counter with your JR pass and book the full distance there. They should require you to pay the extra when booking.

If not, at Otsuki station or on the train also. But unsure how that would work due to being a reservation only train.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji excursion train 2019/4/1 10:14
Hi guys,

I got the Tokyo Wide Pass, but how can I reserve seat for the new Fuji Excursion Train from Shinjuku to Kawakuchiko?

Thanks,
ChongHan
by ChongHan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread