Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/16 18:44
My questions:
1. How far is Osaka airport from Shin Osaka Esaka Tokyu REI hotel?
2. What is the best option to reach the airport from this hotel -- bus, taxi , train?
3. Have to take a flight to Bangkok on a Friday at 11.45 am. So will I encounter any peak or rush hour traffic or rush? I guess I will have to start from the hotel at least by 7 am?
by Gautam Hemmady (guest)  

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/17 11:42
Do you mean Osaka Itami airport or Kansai International airport?

According to the hotelfs website -

g1 minute on foot from Esaka Station on the Midosuji Subway Line (4 minutes by Subway from Shin-osaka Station, 11 minutes by Subway from Umeda Station)

26 minutes by train from Osaka (Itami) Airport to Esaka Stationh

Take the train and the subway.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/17 15:26
I have to reach Kansai airport.
by Gautam Hemmady (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/17 19:02
Take the Haruka Express to/from Shin-Osaka and then the subway, as explained in the hotel instructions. The Haruka Express runs 30 times / day.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPORT&a...

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/intervaltime.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIR...
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/17 22:26
Please note, "Haruka Express" does not exist; the name is just "Haruka", and it is a limited express service.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/17 22:31
In terms of getting from your hotel to KIX.

Hyperdia actually recommends you take the subway from Esaka down to Tennoji and change there for a Haruka, but I would think getting off at Shin-Osaka makes more sense. The subway between Esaka and Shin-Osaka might be busy, but the Haruka is unlikely to be since it is mostly used by people going to the airport vs. commuters. There is an 8:17 Haruka that runs from Shin-Osaka to KIX arriving at 9:13. If you want to be extra careful there is a 7:47 that arrives in KIX a little before 9:00. If you leave Esaka subway station at 7:52, you will be in Shin-Osaka before 8:00 giving you close to 20 minutes to make the transfer. If you want the earlier 7:47 Haruka then take a subway from Esaka station at 7:28 and you will be in Shin-Osaka by 7:32 giving you a nice 15 minute cushion to make your train. By the time you are leaving you will have a good idea of how long it takes you to walk from your hotel to Esaka Station since you'll probably be doing it every day of your visit.

Unless you have a lot of travel outside of Osaka you've not mentioned I would think this ticket makes the most sense:
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/

You can pay 4600 yen and it will cover your round trip to KIX from Shin-Osaka and give you an IC card to use for the subways you will be using pre-loaded with 1500 yen and include the refundable 500 yen for having the card.

Good luck!

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka airport transfers 2019/3/18 00:23
Thank you so much.
by Gautam Hemmady (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread