Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a ticket Ueno-Osaka 2019/3/16 21:33
Hi!
I found information about bus schedules - http://www.sanco.co.jp/foreign/english/shuttle/igaueno/osaka.html - however, I could not find information about where and how to buy a ticket. Do I need to do this in advance? Or can I buy a ticket directly at the station or from the driver? Are there any situations that the tickets run out? Because if such situations occur, it means that you need to buy tickets in advance.

I would be extremely grateful for the answers to all these questions! Thank you in advance!
by Andrei (guest)  

Re: Buying a ticket Ueno-Osaka 2019/3/17 10:34
You are aware that is from Iga Ueno and not Ueno in Tokyo, right?

You can buy tickets at the bus station if it's the right bus.

If you want a bus from Tokyo, check out willer express.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a ticket Ueno-Osaka 2019/3/18 17:08
Hi TW!
Thank you for your answer!
Yes, I know that this is about Iga Ueno:)
I planned a trip from Osaka to Iga Ueno and back. So, am I right that I don't have to buy tickets for this in advance?
by Andrei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a ticket Ueno-Osaka 2019/3/18 17:50
I planned a trip from Osaka to Iga Ueno and back. So, am I right that I don't have to buy tickets for this in advance?

Note that the bus runs Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, 8/13-8/15, 12/30-1/4. In other words it does not run on weekdays.

Japanese website

http://www.sanco.co.jp/highway/igaoosaka/info.php

tells that if you are a group of more than ten persons, you should call the company beforehand. I think this means you don't need to book or purchase the ticket beforehand if you are less than 10 persons.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a ticket Ueno-Osaka 2019/3/18 21:10
Hi frog1954,

Thank you for focusing my attention on the weekend because I overlooked it. But I checked now - I planned this trip just for the weekend. So, things are going very well for me.

Thank you for your answer, you reassured me. ^_^
by Andrei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread