Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving around Noto Peninsula at end March 2019/3/19 15:52
I'll be renting a car to drive up to Noto Peninsula. Leaving Kanazawa at 11am, is it possible to cover the following attractions and still make it back to my minshuku in Notojima before dark (I'm assuming it gets dark before 6pm at end March) ? Or should I split them into 2 days?

I'll need to return to Kanazawa by 11am the next day.

- Hatago Iwa and Ganmon
- Wajima
- Senmaida
- Rokkozaki Lighthouse
- Mitsukeji
- minshuku in Notojima

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks..
by Brownies (guest)  

Re: Driving around Noto Peninsula at end March 2019/3/19 18:12
Simple answer - no. This is due to traffic and the distances you wish to travel.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Driving around Noto Peninsula at end March 2019/3/20 00:26
Thanks.. Would dropping both the lighthouse and Mitsukeji help?
by Brownies (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Driving around Noto Peninsula at end March 2019/3/20 05:27
I did a rough search on google map based on your original plan and there is more than 5 hrs of driving alone (sorry I couldnft locate Mitsukeji). You have to add time for sightseeing especially in Noto Kongo Coast. We too drove there and spent 1-2 hrs taking in Ganmon and Hatago Iwa, and that didnft include the boat cruise if you want to enjoy the view from the sea. If you donft to skip some sites is there any chance of start driving from Kanazawa at an earlier hour!?
https://goo.gl/maps/BBA4qb5XU7K2

It would indeed be nice if you can spread it out into 2 days. For a more in-depth exploration we drove around the peninsula for 3 days and still felt rather rush.

Sunset in Kanazawa during late March is a bit after 18.00.
https://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/sun/japan/kanazawa-shi

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread