Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Fuji Hakone Pass on Fujikyu Railway 2019/3/20 19:05
Hi,

I'm intending to make 2 separate day trips to Hakone and Fuji area (from Tokyo), and I've pretty much decided to get the Fuji Hakone Pass from Odawara, I feel that it will complement my JR Rail Pass nicely.

However, I noticed that the Fuji Hakone Pass is only valid on Fujikyu Railway between Kawaguchiko and Shimoyoshida stations only. What happens then, if I try to go beyond Shimoyoshida to Otsuki? Will I be able to do a fare adjustment at Otsuki, or will I have to get off at Shimoyoshida and pay for a ticket back to Otsuki (either by cash or SUICA)? I'm okay with paying the fare for Shimoyoshida-Otsuki, I'm just wondering about the logistics of it.

Thanks in advance!
by chocobullet  

Re: Using Fuji Hakone Pass on Fujikyu Railway 2019/3/21 09:03
Better off with separate daily passes if doing two separate day trips.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using Fuji Hakone Pass on Fujikyu Railway 2019/3/21 13:40
By separate trips, do you mean something like Tokyo - Hakone - Tokyo - Fujigoko - Tokyo? I think Fuji-Hakone Pass will still pay off even with that route due to numerous means of transportation you will use in Hakone and Fuji area.

What happens then, if I try to go beyond Shimoyoshida to Otsuki?

To get on Fujikyu Railway trains, you will need to buy a ticket in cash (you cannot tap your IC card for this one).

If you show your Fuji-Hakone Pass to the station staff, you might only need to pay for the fare of the stations that aren't covered by the Pass (I can't confirm this because I forgot to show my Fuji-Hakone Pass and ended up paying the whole fare from Kawaguchiko to Otsuki).
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread