Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/25 10:34
Hi, we're am planning to go to Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go on end Nov, for a 10 days trip. Would like you advise on

1. Which airport shd I flight to? Narita or Kansai?
2. At least how many night should we stay in Kanagawa and Takayama.?
3. Which is more convenient to travel to Shirakawa-go? Any recommendations please?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Sylvia
by hping  

Re: Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/25 16:05
1. Kansai is much closer than Narita

3. Access Shirakawago on the the way to Takayama from Kanazawa or reverse. As most only need a fdw hours there. Shirakawago is about an hour away from both.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/25 16:26
You can also get connection flight to Kanazawa.

How long to stay depends on you interests. I would put in 2 says on Noto Peninsula (but best by car), and at least a night in Okuhida (eg Hirayu onsen).

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/25 16:27
I think what I would see as ideal would be to come in via Narita and take the shinkansen from Tokyo to Kanazawa, then bus to Shirakawa-go, bus to Takayama then train to Nagoya and on to Kansai (I would have a couple of other stops along the way). That would be a nice trip if you didnt mind splurging on the shinkansen which I always see as a bit of a treat.

You could come in via Kansai and then take the Thunderbird to Kanazawa but the trip isnt amazing or anything. It would be cheaper, and maybe a half hour shorter than coming in through Narita.

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/25 16:57
You might consider Nagoya in and Kansai out (or vice versa).

Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass is a good deal.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa, Takayama and Shirakawa-go 2019/3/26 06:29
You can usually catch a connecting flight to (KMQ) Komatsu for cheaper than the train ride from KIX or NRT. Should save quite bit of time and hassle, too.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread