Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 11:23
Hi All,

My wife and i will be travelling to Japan in May this year. We will be there from the 8th of May until the 24th.

We will arrive in Tokyo, Hameda Airport and leave from Osaka, Itami Airport.

I was hoping some of you lovely and knowledgeable people can help us with some suggestions as to where we can go and stay while we are there.

Just for your information, we are both 28 years old, so walking around and activities aren't a problem for us.

Appreciate your help in advance !!
by Gabriel (guest)  

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 16:09
Where to go? = Read this website. You and your wife can decide what looks good to you.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 16:29

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html

Once you have more specific questions feel free to come back to this forum.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 16:37
Hi All, i tried to use the itinerary guide, but they all end up going back to Tokyo. My trip finishes in Osaka, this is why i am asking for advice.
by Gabriel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 16:43
You and your wife can decide what looks good to you.

Though this is true, the OP may want to know general recommendation based on their age, sex, party size, length of travel and the season. So I would like to write my personal recommendation.

You are relatively young couple who may want to do some nature hike beside the traditional and modern Japan culture. Your dates are nice: though you can't see cherry blossoms, autumn colors, you can avoid the most crowded season, that is early April, the Golden week, and late November. The weather will be mild though somewhat cold in the mountain area.

I recommend you to buy one ticket and one pass which will cover most of your travel.

Three Star Route Shinjuku ticket

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2a...

This ticket allow you to travel from Shinjuku (in Tokyo) to Matsumoto, Takayama, Shirakawago and Kanazawa or Toyama. You can do some side trips such as Kamikochi from Hirayu onsen and Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route from Toyama. Kamikochi and the Alpine Route is the highlight of this season, so I would strongly recommend them.

Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_hokuriku/

This pass allows you to travel from Toyama to Kyoto and then Osaka and finally to the Kansai Airport (I guess you will fly out from Kansai Airport, not Osaka's Itami Airport since the latter has no international flight). This pass is valid for 7 days so you can do some side trips such as Himeji, Okayama, Kinosaki onsen and Nara. Of course, Kyoto is a "must" but these places are also lovely.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 17:15
If you are using the itinerary guide and it doesn't end in Osaka, then just modify the route to suit. You can use paper and a pen you know?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 17D 16N - Arriving Tokyo, leaving Osaka 2019/3/25 17:47
Hi!

Me and my sister (age 20 and 23) also went to Japan last year, a little later during the year though. We also started in Tokyo and ended in Osaka. If you want, you can check out the itinerary I made (and used) for inspiration. We took the night bus to Osaka because it's cheap and easy. We didn't do much traveling between other cities so we didn't get any kind of pass.

You can find the itinerary here: https://alovingladytravels.com/2018/10/06/11-day-itinerary-japan/

I also wrote other posts about activities in certain locations for example, that might be helpful.
by Kyra (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread