Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hankyu Tourist pass from Osaka to Kyoto 2019/3/29 17:10
Hi, i'm heading to Kyoto from Osaka (arashiyama on the 1st day, Kawaramachi stn on the 2nd day). Noticed that there's this Hankyu pass that i can purchase but a little dilemma as i will be departing from Ebisucho station in Osaka.

From Ebisucho (via the Osaka metro Sakaisuji Line), it goes thru Tenjimbashisujirokuchome station and changes to Hankyu Kyoto Line without me having to alight, then some transfers before reaching Arashiyama/Karawamachi.

How should i use the pass in that case? Do i have to alight at Tenjimbashisujirochome station to tap out and then tap in again in order to use the tourist pass?

Pls enlighten me, thanks!
by chower  

Re: Hankyu Tourist pass from Osaka to Kyoto 2019/3/29 23:44
Hi!

I've never used this particular pass, but I have entered the Rinkai with my Suica but exited at Shinjuku with my JR Pass. To get my Suica card to continue working you need to go out a manned gate and have them manually charge your card otherwise your card is not going to work when you try to use it again.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Hankyu Tourist pass from Osaka to Kyoto 2019/3/30 10:07
If you don't want to get off along the way, don't use an IC card. Using an IC card in this case will cause troubles to the station staff. Instead, use cash to buy a ticket for the section not covered by your pass and then use the manned gates to exit at the final stop.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hankyu Tourist pass from Osaka to Kyoto 2019/3/30 14:35
Thank you all! I'll do as you suggest then without using IC card to enter and exit with the pass at the manned gate.

Cheers!
by chower rate this post as useful

reply to this thread