Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel with luggage in Hakone Tozan train 2019/3/30 17:04
This is our first trip to Japan and we need some information about the Hakone Tozan train. We are staying in Gora for 2 nights and would like to know if there is enough space to take our large luggages with us into the Tozan train from Yumoto to Gora. We are a big group with 6 adults and 3 small children, travelling with 6 pieces of luggage (size large 76x52x28).
The option to have our luggage delivered from Yumoto station to our hotel doesnft work for us.
Is there space for luggage in the Tozan train?
by Widjantie (guest)  

Re: Travel with luggage in Hakone Tozan train 2019/3/31 07:09
I have been on that train when it was jam packed, I think most passengers were rushing back to their ryokan for dinner which is also what I was trying to do. All other times, there were plenty of room for luggage. Even if you get caught in this dinner traffic with your luggage, people will understand and will be accommodating.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel with luggage in Hakone Tozan train 2019/3/31 08:29
While luggage delivery from Yumoto might not work for you, you could have it delivered straight from your previous location. Or even have everything delivered from your previous location straight to the following one and just bring an overnight bag for Hakone. (Depends obviously on your route). Normally within Japan next day delivery is possible.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel with luggage in Hakone Tozan train 2019/3/31 10:31
Luggage on train is fine.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel with luggage in Hakone Tozan train 2019/4/1 20:38
Count on standing for the 45 minute train trip. If you get a seat, that is a bonus. Many people take luggage on the trains.
Hakone area has same day luggage delivery service.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread