Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya trip 2019/4/1 15:36
Hi everyone! Can someone suggest an itinerary for my family and I. We will be travelling to Nagoya from August 30 to September 4. We would also like to see Takayama and Shirakawa go and the other Unesco world heritage Place near Shirakawa go. My son is 21 years old and my husband and I are in our 50's.
by Cathy Pancho (guest)  

Re: Nagoya trip 2019/4/1 16:55
Hi Cathy. It will be hot that time of year - are you OK with the heat? I'd consider Nagoya to Hikone (nice castle) - Kanazawa (nice sites, might be a little cooler because it is on the ocean) - Shirakawa-go - Takayama, then possibly up to Kamikochi which is pretty cool then maybe Matsumoto (nice castle, though Matsumoto gets hot too). Check out those towns and see what you think. I'd spend a night at Hikone, Shirakawa, and Kamikochi, maybe two everywhere else. Actually I'd spend longer at Takayama, but I like it more than everyone else it seems.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya trip 2019/4/1 17:16
Hi Lazy Pious! Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will take a look at this. And yes, I know it's the height of summer season, but that's the only vacation my son has from the university. I also heard from a friend that Takayama is beautiful. Thanks again!
by Cathy Pancho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya trip 2019/4/2 01:14
do yo have to return to nagoya at the end? you could leave the north for some other time and try this circle:
30 Oct - Nagoya / Inuyama / Gifu
1 sep - Gujo-Hachiman / Takayama
2 sep - Takayama / Shirakawa-go
3 sep - Hirayui or Okuhida Onsen
4 sep - Matsumoto / Nagoya

by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread