Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya as base 2019/4/2 16:37
Hi,

I will be travelling solo in Nagoya for 7d6n in April. Enjoy sightseeing, hot spring, walking around small towns.

Currently thinking of the following:

Day 1: arrive Nagoya in morning. Explore Nagoya.

Day 2/3:thinking of joining a 2d1n tour to see alpine route snow wall as the snow wall is open by then. Saw that yokoso Japan has a tour for the alpine route, has anyone used the tour for that route before? Read reviews that the snow wall will be extremely crowded. Would it be advisable to skip this and do a day trip to other places (magome/tsumago, Meiji Mura) instead?

Day 4/5: go to Ise and Toba area for 2d1n. relax in hot spring hotel. I m thinking of purchasing the kintetsu rail pass as the round trip base fare for ise to Nagoya is already almost the same at the pass cost.

Day 6: day trip to magome/tsumago or Meiji Mura if not covered above.

Day 7: depart Nagoya

Any comments / suggestions on my itinerary is much appreciated! Thanks!

by Cheryn (guest)  

Re: Nagoya as base 2019/4/3 17:41
The alpine route is do-able from Nagoya. You'll need to start and find in Toyama or Matsumoto/Nagano.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya as base 2019/4/4 16:53
do you want some more secret recommendations where not everybody goes? (but do not share on other forums like tripadvisor please) :-)

here some suggestions for Nagoya as a base:

* Site of Reversible Destiny Yoro Park
* Nagashima Spa Yuami no Shima (best onsen in Nagoya area (it looks complicated to get to, but there is a shuttle from Meitetsu Nagoya))
* Urakuen Japanese Garden and Inuyama Castle
** you can combine it with Gifu Castle and some Komoran Fishing
* Mino (absolutly lovely small town famous for Washi Paper)
* Guju Hachinman (can be combined with Mino)

if you do it togetehr with the common things like Magome - Tsumago trail you got almost all your days covered. not needed to go so far if the good is no near
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread