Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Relative sending me medicine from overseas? 2019/4/6 14:04
Hi all, Ifm studying abroad in Japan this senester.

I take doxycycline for my acne and my supply will run out soon. I went to my doctor and he said he can only prescribe 2 weeksf worth at a time. Ifve had no other issues with my other prescriptions - so Ifm not sure whether this is the rule for doxycycline or just antibiotics in general. My doctorfs office is really far away from me and the commute is pretty expensive, so Ifd rather not have to go every 2 weeks if I can avoid it.

A relative offered to send me some doxycycline from the UK so I was wondering whether this was possible - the medicine is perfectly legal to possess in Japan, itfs just that more than 2 weeksf worth canft be prescribed at once. If I could get it sent over, would there be any restrictions on the amount allowed? I didnft apply for a Yakkan Shoumei before leaving my home country, because I didnft know about it.

I canft seem to find any information online about it, so if anyonefs been in a similar situation Ifd really appreciate your advice :)
by AvidInternetter  

Re: Relative sending me medicine from overseas? 2019/4/6 18:21
Yakkan shounmei does not apply; it's for when you bring drugs with you when you enter Japan. Contact your local bureau of health and welfare (Œú¶‹Ç). https://kouseikyoku.mhlw.go.jp/
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread