Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which passes to buy? 2019/4/8 13:01
I will be staying in Shinjuku for 2 days and will visit the following cities:
Nikko
Kamakura
Enoshima
I am considering the following passes:
Tokyo Wide Pass 10,000 yen
(NRT - Shinjuku 2,670 yen and Shinjuku - Yokohama 760 yen included with Tokyo Wide Pass)
Nikko Pass 2000 yen
Enoshima-Kamakura Freepass 1,470 yen
Enoshima 1-Day Passport 1,970
Option 1
Nikko Pass 2,000
Enoshima-Kamakura Freepass 1,470 yen
NRT - Shinjuku 2,670 yen
Shinjuku - Yokohama 760 yen
Total: 6,900
Option 2
Tokyo Wide
Are my calculations correct?
Are there any surcharges on the Nikko Pass from Shinjuku JR Station to Tobu Nikko Station?
Or do I have start my trip from Asakusa?
Are there any surcharges on the Tokyo Wide Pass from Shinjuku JR Station to Kamakura and Enoshima?
Thanks in advance!
by chong 1301  

Re: Which passes to buy? 2019/4/8 18:42
Your option (1) doesn't have tickets for getting to and from Nikko. Also you need to get to Ofuna to use the Enoshima-Kamakura fess pass, not Yokohama.

Option (2)
The Tokyo wide pass only covers travel to Nikko station, no buses to travel around Nikko covered. Need to add a bus pass.

The Tokyo wide pass also only covers the JR train around Kamakura, no monorail or trams are covered. You need to add a option to access Enoshima.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which passes to buy? 2019/4/8 19:33
Ignore the Kamakura-Enoshima free pass advice. I just realized you what the free pass from Odakyu, not the pass from JR. The free pass gets you to Enoshima from Shinjuku.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread