Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 06:04
I would like to see the Shibazakura Festival in Fuji Five Lakes, ESCAR, Seacandle, Lighthouse, Caves and if time permits the Great Buddha in Kamakura from Shinjuku Station.
Any suggestion the best Way to visit these sights with good train connections?
I will be traveling on a Toyko Wide Pass.
Thanks in advance!
by chong 1301  

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 12:11
How many days we are talking?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 12:34
1 day only.
I have decided to leave Shinjuku 7a and arrive Kawaguchiko 925a.
The problem is I don't see any good return trains to Katase Enoshima.
Most trains are 3 hours in duration with 4 connections.
Anything better you see?
by chong 1301 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass 2019/4/10 13:55
Let me rephrase my question:
Is it possible to go from Fuji Five Lakes to
Enoshima on the TWP without paying a surcharge?

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 15:20
Visiting Fuji 5lakes, Enoshima and Kamakura in one day is practically impossible if you want to actually see/enjoy any of it.

To your question, as far as I can read: https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/ the TWP is not valid on any trains that go to Katase Enoshima (Odakyu only) or to Enoshima (Enoshima Dentetsu Line). The surcharge however wouldnft be huge if you use JR UNTIL either Kamakura or Fujisawa.

Also as you can see from the map above there isnft any direct connection with TWP Between Fuji 5 ko and Kamakura area.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 20:07
Is it possible to get to Fuji Five Lake station, Kamakura Station and the station near Enoshima in the same day? Yes

Is it possible to see anything of importance? Absolutely not. To put it simple - it's totally impossible

Shinjuku - Kawaguchiko (~120-150 mins)
Kawaguchiko - Kamakura (180-220 mins)
Kamakura - Shinjuku (70 mins)

How did I work this out? Hyperdia!

http://www.hyperdia.com/
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 21:39
Thanks for the the replies.
We only want to see certain things in both cities.
We will do this trip on May 4 on the Fuji Excursion train to see the Flower and Food Festivals in Five Lakes.
Take the 1308 train and arrive Enoshima at 1600 to see the Caves and Great Buddha.

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 21:55
At Kamakura, you will probably only have enough time to visit 1 location. The Great Buddha and the caves are a fair distance from one another. They are a 7km drive from one another - with one location closing at 5:30PM and the other at 6PM. Both locations stop allowing visitors 30 minutes before closing.

The Great Buddha is a 5-10 minute walk from Hase Station (not Kamakura Station!). It's 6 stops between Hase and Enoshima station. It's a 2.3 km walk between Enoshima Station and the entrance to the caves. As mentioned, it's almost imposible to see these locations.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Best Way to Visit Sights 2019/4/10 22:37
Thanks again.
I decided to spend a full day at Five Lakes and take the express Fuji Excursion from/to Shinjuku and not deal with the connections and surcharges.

reply to this thread