Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CSR and International Service visa 2019/4/11 06:01
I am an Italian with past living experience in Japan (non cumulative 3 years).

Before going to Japan as a Student (2015), I have worked 6 months as a CSR (Customer Service Representative), community manager and translator (localize news and forum posts for the italian community from english) for a foreign company through telecommuting (remote job) from home as a (paid) freelancer.

BUT, I am consider to relocate across Europe to find a similar role as CSR and working there for 3 years or more and then considering to move to Japan for working purpose.
I have done several searches about the role itself and, in broader meaning, which jobs can fall into Humanities/International Services visa and, specifically, know if customer support category is one of these in order to satisfy the minimum 3 or more years experience in the field as stated in Immigration's guidelines.

I'd like to know if that kind of job can make me quietly eligible for obtaining the visa, since I didn't find reliable infos about it and, eventually, seeking some advices for you (don't matter if personal or not, of course I will evaluate carefully what to do since everyone is no immigration officer^^).

Italian is my mother tongue, advanced proficiency of English and fully-intermediate level of Japanese with no JLPT certificate at the moment. In addition, I have no bachelor degree BUT in possession of High School Diploma/GED.

Thank you in advance for the kind replies.
by mikeneko319 (guest)  

Re: CSR and International Service visa 2019/4/11 09:03
As far as I know, the only type of work that ghaving at least 3 yearsf experienceh serves to replace the requirement of at least a bachelorfs degree is English language teaching.

For you to be attractive to employers in Japan, you will (in addition to meeting the immigration requirements) probably need to be pretty proficient in the Japanese language so as to be able to do translation/localization between Japanese and some other languages.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: CSR and International Service visa 2019/4/11 11:32
Thank you, AK.
Well, I am trying to find some other reliable informations, but it seems that the 3 years or more experience regards in particular every jobs who falls under the categories of international services...or that's what I read after doing many researches. Because some sites are treating the argument like the 3 years experience under the international services is like a generic thing and jobs example are limited .... :|
by mikeneko319 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CSR and International Service visa 2019/4/11 12:02
So far the reference has been 5 or more (at times even 10) yearsf experience in the relevant field, and ONLY for English language teaching 3 years, if you want to use work experience instead of a bachelorfs degree as qualification. OK, if anything changed recently, my information might not be greliableh as you call it.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread