Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best train pass for a few locations? 2019/4/11 12:14
I'm going to be staying in Tokyo and planning to visit the following locations for a day trip each day. I've done some reading on types of train passes, and put together the list below. i was wondering if thr cheapest way to do it is to buy all the listed train passes, or is there a combined pass that can cover all of them (besides the JR East train pass, which is quite expensive)?

1. Shizuoka hobby show-Shizuoka area tourist pass mini (4500y)

2. Nagano area-JR East Nagano Nigata area pass (17000y)

3. Miura Misaki port/logashima-Misaki Maguro ticket from shinagawa (3500y)
by Miwashi (guest)  

Re: Best train pass for a few locations? 2019/4/11 13:41
To add on, for nagano, I'm going to Matsumoto specifically.
by Miwashi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best train pass for a few locations? 2019/4/11 15:43
There is no pass that will cover all of them. Those local pass are designed for tourist staying only in those areas.

Since you are traveling to Matsumoto, Shizuoka from Tokyo, I am doubtful any pass will pay off. You can of cource check using hyperdia what each trip will cost you, and see if it is higher then the cost of a seven day pass. eg 29,XXX yen.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best train pass for a few locations? 2019/4/11 15:56
The Shizuoka area tourist pass does not cover Tokyo to Shizuoka. Coverage starts at Atami, which is the frontier station between JR East and JR Central on the Tokaido line. The JR East pass would cover Tokyo to Atami.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread