Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work and travel in Japan 2019/4/12 08:16
hey guys!

to my person:
im 23 years old (1996)
atm i study computer science and im in the second semester
in my free time im a bodybuilder and im giving some personaltrainer lessons to help other people to grow.

my name is kevin and im from germany.
i wanted to apply for the work and travel visum in jp.
i think about it for a long time because i really like the japanese culture and i want a change in my life.
but the real problem is i dont know if i have enough money for it.
my budget atm is about 17.000€ for 12 month jp and i know its hard to find a job in jp without any japanese language skills. in fact my english isnt good too but it should be enough to survive.
i would like to stay 3-4 months in tokyo and travel to kyoto, osaka, nagoya and even more if its possible.

do u guys think i could survive without any job for 12 months? or will it be necessary to work?
normally with my fitness skills i could work and help in gym but like i already said without any language skills they wont let me work right?
another problem is my left arm is fully tattooed so the chance is even worse..

info at the end:
the journey starts in september

im thankful for every helpful advice!

kind regards
kevin m
by kevin96  

Re: Work and travel in Japan 2019/4/12 22:05
Why don't you try doing an exchange semester in Japan? Since you're enrolled in higher education in Germany, that might be your easiest option. I just returned from my exchange semester (5.5 months) in February and spent about €7K in total, which includes heavy travelling, the air fare to Japan, rent, etc.
by noelluuhh rate this post as useful

Re: Work and travel in Japan 2019/4/12 22:46
first of all thanks for your answer.
yes that was one of the option i thought about, but the problem is my university have only one partner university in fukuoka and they don't have computer science as special field.
i could try to ask for another university in japan but then i have to pay the semester by my own.

by kevin96 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread