Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing from student visa to tourist visa 2019/4/18 18:59
Hi I'm studying in a language school and have just graduated. I wanted to change my visa from student to tourist because my school said I have 2 weeks to leave the country/they will cancel my visa because I have graduated.

I called the immigration office and they said I just need to go down to their office and go through and interview and they can change my visa(I'm from Singapore btw)

I went down today and the people from the student section said it is not possible. I called the immigration office again and another person told me to just go down to their office. When I told him what happened he changed his answer.

Has anyone had any experience with this before?

I want to stay because my girlfriend is working here and I'm about to enter university in another country so we wont be able to see each other anymore
by Nick (guest)  

Re: Changing from student visa to tourist visa 2019/4/19 19:26
While I don't have any experience with this, as far as I know, immigration bureau is the official source of information, and is the one who can do anything about your student resident status. Your school cannot cancel it; all they can do is to inform immigration that youfve completed your course.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread