Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/19 04:51
We planned on viewing the cherry blossoms at Hirosaki Park, but we foolishly did not book our hotel in time. We were able to find some openings at hotels in Aomori (considering Aomori APA Hotel the most) but google maps showed that by taxi the trip from Aomori to Hirosaki would be about and hour. Would it be worth traveling from Aomori to Hirosaki to see the cherry blossoms or should we consider just taking a day trip from Tokyo to Kitakami?
by JapanGW  

Re: Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/19 10:31

You can easily take a train from Aomori to Hirosaki:
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=AOMORI&arv_node=HI...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/20 07:47
For my visits to Hirosaki for the cherry I always stay in Aomori and then get the train.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/22 19:27
I have stayed twice in Hirosaki hotel Naqua City.

It was a good hotel.

Is a 1-2 minute walk from Hirosaki Station.

To Hirosaki center is about and a 20-minute walk.

Also, it has come out the bus from the front of the station.

http://www.travelbuzzpro.com/

by prabh rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/22 20:13
Hirosaki is a nice location which is worth a visit. It's also meant to be one of the premier cherry blossom spots in Japan. I'm not much of a fan of Aomori City apart from it's matsuri (festival) in August. Staying in Aomori for the night and visiting Hirosaki is a nice for the day.

Before you choose to stay at an APA hotel - do some research on the hotel chain. It's the only place in Japan ever that I mention to research before I stay at. This video explain it a bit better (https://youtu.be/016PrRp-2kk)
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Aomori and travel to Hirosaki 2019/4/25 01:53
I am going to have to totally agree with mfedley on this one. I stayed at the APA hotel in Aomori. Yes overall its a good hotel and it is close to Aomori Station. But going in, I knew I was in for a test on morality. Each hotel room includes a Japanese and English version (for all those gaijin) book by the CEO of the chain which discusses an alternative point of view of various wars Japan was a part of, from the Manchurian invasion, WWII, to the Nanking Massacre. They also also talk about the Comfort Women as well. I will probably get into trouble by this web host but there are other hotels to stay in. Consider those before you consider APA.

Getting back to the topic, Aomori is a good alternative but as I am also doing my own research for my own trip in November, I am staying in Hirosaki instead as the Ou Line to Hirosaki does not run very frequent so either be prepared to wait for the train, or time your departures on the schedules.

by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread