Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/21 05:10
I am residents of Japan with 1 year student visa.In my university Japanese students (Boys and girls)are always Laughing without any reason.In my country India more than 50% Looks angry.I think they forget to Laugh.However, what is your comment?
by Raj (guest)  

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/21 11:07
Could be any number of reasons. And it would depend on the current situation at hand.

If they are smiling, they are probably just happy. Sometimes though, some my smile to hide displeasure or similar emotional state to not offend the other person. But then this isn't specifically a Japanese trait.

Maybe it is cultural as you have suggested. And just generalizing here, but yes Indians trend to smile less and carry a more serious face. I have noticed this also. Emotion is sometime devoid on their faces. Older males specifically.

I wouldn't think about it too much. Life is too short for worrying about minor details of smiling.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/21 14:03
Youfre probably so used to the opposite that something more gnormalh seems extreme.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/21 18:17
Because they're happy?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/22 10:04
It may be comfort or feelings of the reconciliation to the life that one smile oneself on the hard time and when one is sad.

https://ameblo.jp/hiroo117/entry-12353302289.html

The famous song "Sukiyaki"s original lymics was translated by Ono Yoko who was the partner of Lennon.
https://eigo-jouhou.com/look-at-the-sky/

I think that many Japanese might feel that it is important not to forget a smile at sad time.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/26 20:14
Thanks so much for your kind reply.
by Raj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/4/30 03:34
Were those students sniffing cocaine before they come to class? Maybe. Who knows?

Indians seem to carry a more serious facial trait. But I know an old Indian lady in America who always smiles when we converse. Maybe Indian culture expects people to be more serious.
by Snoop Cat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japanese people always laughing 2019/5/2 17:44
Japan is a Land of smile Face.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread