Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Street performers guide 2019/4/23 07:01
Hi,
I went to Tokyo last year and there were some different street performing artists in Shibuya and near Shimbashi station. I remember someone with a saxophone and a girl singing, but I forgot to take a picture or note their names. Would be cool to know whom these and other artists were as I found their music to be quite good.

I suppose there is no list or something for local street performers? Not sure what it is called in Japan, so I have not been able to find out myself.
by Miloe (guest)  

Re: Street performers guide 2019/4/23 13:19
We simply call them "street musician ストリートミュージシャン". You should've picked up a card or a CD. They usually do social media. Here is a quick Google image search on "street musician shibuya sax".

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Street performers guide 2019/4/23 17:39
Much appreciated. Thank you for the information :)

Knowing the word "Street musician" made things a lot easier.
by Miloe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Street performers guide 2019/4/23 20:25
You might be thinking of Chindon'ya. These are small (maybe 3 people) "marching" bands wearing traditional Japanese costumes. Maybe a sax, drum, and one other instrument. They are hired to promote new businesses opening, or some other event. Look them up on Google.
by John711 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Street performers guide 2019/4/23 21:39
But chindonyas don't sing.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread