Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English Teaching Requirements 2019/4/23 07:36
My current situation:
- Canadian citizen
- 3rd year BA Psychology student (INCOMPLETE, since I want to get an honours degree)
- Have a TESOL certification
- Teaching experience for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers (1-year)
- No English proficiency test
This is what I was planning to bring to Japan to apply for English Teacher jobs. I am worried about a) not having a Bachelor certificate, b) not having teacher experience with ages older than 4 years old, c) if paying for an English proficiency test is a must.
Does anybody know any similar situation?
Thank you for answering my question!
by thaaratangy  

Re: English Teaching Requirements 2019/4/23 15:06
No degree, no visa, unless you are married to a Japanese national.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: English Teaching Requirements 2019/4/23 21:59
If you have neither a bachelorfs degree nor three years of teaching experience, you would not qualify for a work visa to teach English.

I donft understand the gEnglish proficiency testh part – you are not a native speaker of the English language? Then youfd have to show that you are gequivalenth if they are asking for native speakers, by showing that you have been educated gin the English languageh for many years. (But since you already have TESOL certification, you must have been considered to be gfluenth so the proficiency test should not be an issue.)

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread