Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Guest House or similar in Tokyo 2019/4/25 12:56
Hello,

This summer I will be in Tokyo for work and I am planning on getting a room on a guesthouse/houseshare. I will be working in Asakasa (chiyoda line) and I am okay with dealing with anything within 30 minutes commute. I am also a smoker and while I am okay with not smoking on the house I would prefer to be able to do so. I am also on my young 20s and I would prefer to be in a community of people around my age.

Does anyone have any sort of recommendations on house/company or even what lines and neighbourhoods I should look into? I have a budget of up to 140000 yen a month for rent.
by Pinho  

Re: Guest House or similar in Tokyo 2019/4/27 22:02
Could you check to see where you will be working?

("Asakasa" doesn't exist, but there is more than one place in the Tokyo area with a name that may seem similar to you.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Guest House or similar in Tokyo 2019/4/28 06:09
There's Asakusa and Akasaka. The former is the area where Senso-Ji is located. The latter is where many of the embassies are located.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Guest House or similar in Tokyo 2019/4/29 08:39
My apologies, I might have mistyped. Yes the correct place is Akasaka not asakasa.
by Pinho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Guest House or similar in Tokyo 2019/4/29 13:42
Oh I was going to suggest Roam in Akasaka, but it seems that they're not taking bookings anymore. I heard that they had legal problems meeting the requirements of the new anti-AirBnB laws.

Try searching for colving spaces in Tokyo. I've heard good things about Ryozan, which has properties near Sugama. You can also try weekly mansions - you'll get your own private space and not worry about being able to smoke. There's not as much community though.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread