Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/26 13:25
Hello I'd like to attend one of the two days of this festival [Dead Pop Festival] while I'm in Japan this summer

the day I'd like to get tickets for is 6/23

here is the website: http://deadpopfest.com

I'm using google translate but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to purchase tickets?
or the bigger question is, am I allowed to purchase tickets / attend this event?

one of my favorite bands is performing and I'd really like to see them when I go to Japan this summer
if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!
by khurram  

Re: Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/26 15:46
it is hard to understand the site, even for a Japanese.
here it is.
https://t.pia.jp/pia/event/event.do?eventBundleCd=b1929402
but, you have to be a member of ticketing website and be in Japan when you buy(get) it.
you can get a ticket (paper-base) only at convenience stores in Japan, after you win a lottery (of course, you need to apply for it in advance).
I did my best. but, there might be a misunderstanding.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/26 22:38
First of all, you have the option to to apply for 紙チケット (paper tickets) or 電子チケット (electric tickets), but for the latter you need to have a smart phone with a phone number within Japan.

Either way, you need to become a Ticket Pia member. No membership fee is required. Click any place that says 会員登録 and it will lead you to the membership application form which is below:

https://ticket-account.pia.jp/pia/membmng/RegisterNormalAction.do?memb...

You need to fill in everything with a red ※ at the left end. From top,
family name, first name (both in kanji if you have any)
family name, first name, both in kana
male or female
birth year, month, date
email address (twice)
password (twice)
postal code
phone number
whether or not you accept info from Pia

Then read the rules and if you agree, click the box left to 下記の規約に同意しました
Then click the orange square.

The tricky part may be the postal code and the phone number. I'm not sure if they would accept numbers from overseas. If it works, I assume that for things like these, you get an email telling you what to do next.

If all that works, let us know, and I can translate the rest of the procedure for your buying the June 23rd ticket.

Things you need to keep in mind is that you can apply for up to 4 tickets per person, you cannot cancel or make changes once you've applied, even if an artist cancels their show there will be no refund, you cannot have tickets reissued if you lose them or have them stolen, and selling them for a profit is prohibited.

For paper tickets, you first have your tickets secured, and then you finally pick them up at an actual counter in Japan any time after a certain date. You don't have to do that for an electric ticket (but again, you need a smart phone with a Japanese phone number to buy an electric ticket).

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/27 11:19
hmm, i tried registering, I got stuck at the postal code and phone number part,

I used the postal code from the hotel ill be staying at, but the phone number i dont know if i should just make up or not i don't know how strict they will be?

maybe it would be easier to buy some sort of resale ticket once im in japan, like a stubhub equivalent? or maybe use one of those sites that people in japan will buy tickets for you, but i dont know how reliable those are :/
by khurram rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/27 20:53
On the form it says that they make a phone call to the number for approval, which is quite typically done, although it's typically an automatic call.

The ideal thing for you to do is to make fan friends living in Japan who can do this for you. Maybe joining a fan club would help.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Concert Tickets 2019/4/28 01:55
okay that sounds like a good idea ill look into it i think i have plenty of time to figure this all out, thank you for all the help!
by khurram rate this post as useful

reply to this thread