Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alternatives to a long-term tourist visit? 2019/5/2 18:43
Hello, everyone. I considered doing only a long-term tourist visit to Japan but I also thought gCould there be something better that I could do to gain wisdom from learning and taking in as much as I can of the Japanese way of life and culture?h

I only have a 2-year degree, so teaching English is out of the question as they require a bachelorfs.

I looked up temporary farm labour, but the US doesnft have a work holiday visa with Japan unlike most other western countries.

I looked up getting a 4-year degree in Japan, but the application process involves a lot of red tape, several requirements, and lots and lots of money.

So I guess my only choice left is to do a long-term visit for 1-3 months and travel around Japan on my own or in a guided tour then? Are there other alternatives I am missing? Thanks in advance.
by yume2019  

Re: Alternatives to a long-term tourist visit? 2019/5/3 07:08
You can travel for up to 90 days to japan on a tourist visa and come back when ever you like.
Alternatively you can enroll in a language school (money!) and live and study in Japan and get the weekends for travel. Not that school attendance is a strict requirement

Enjoy learning about Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alternatives to a long-term tourist visit? 2019/5/3 07:56
There is a "rich person's" visa for 1 year if you have 30 M Yen.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html

If that does not apply, you can try the 90-day tourist visa to see if you like it. If you like it, you can do a visa run (Korea or Taiwan are popular) and extend another 90 days. Repeat that as many times as you like.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alternatives to a long-term tourist visit? 2019/5/3 11:53
uAre there other alternatives I am missing?v
- Going back to school, finish up what course work you need to get a bachelor's degree, then applying for an English teaching job.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread