Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi service from Magome to Tsumago? 2019/5/5 09:55
We saw that there is only one bus scheduled from Magome to Tsumago in the morning. We plan to arrive in Magome mid-morning. If we miss the morning bus, can we get a taxi ride up Tsumago? We plan to walk back to Magome, where we will be spending the night.

Thank you!
by Judy T (guest)  

Re: Taxi service from Magome to Tsumago? 2019/5/5 15:14
Hi, I cant recall seeing taxis in Magome but I expect there would be. I caught a taxi from tsumago to Magome, the cost was around 5000 yen from memory. Personally I think you might do better walking, it doesnt take long, and Tsumago itself is nothing to write home about.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi service from Magome to Tsumago? 2019/5/6 00:47
You probably can't check in to wherever you're staying in Magome until the afternoon, so why not take a train to Nagiso, a stop northward from Nakatsugawa, get a bus or taxi to Tsumago, forward your luggage at the tourist information center to Magome, and then walk the trail to Magome, picking up your baggage at the tourist infomation center there and then going to your minshuku/ryokan to check in.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi service from Magome to Tsumago? 2019/5/6 09:57
Thanks for your replies! I just found the following info on a travel website :

gTaxis can be hired for the journey between Magome and Tsumago or to Nakatsugawa if you miss the bus. Call Nankiso Kanko Taxi: 57 3133 or Ontake Kotsu 57 2616. You can also send your luggage ahead by taxi to your accommodation and walk with a day pack.h
by Judy T (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi service from Magome to Tsumago? 2019/5/6 13:40
One thing to keep in mind: Taxi services in rural areas (even ones popular with sightseers) sometimes don't have the largest number of employees, so you might want to try contacting the company ahead of when you actually want to be picked up. I had one time where my wife and I were in a popular hiking part of Wakayama and called for a cab, only to be told that there were no drivers in our part of the mountains.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread