Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

IFIE and host families in Japan 2019/5/5 21:45
Hello,
I have a question regarding IFIE (Ishikawa Foundation for International Exchange http://www.ifie.or.jp/index.php). It is an `international exchange` program that can allow me to live in Japan in a Japanese family but does it mean that a Japanese has to come to my home in my country? Any other information and opinions are appreciated if someone knows anything.
Also about the host family itself. I have heard that the Japanese people are conserved and don't really accept foreigners but I have also heard that they are really curious and helpful. I am not sure how the family is going to feel about me and the whole hosting part. Any ideas?

Ty in advance ^^
by Lyin (guest)  

Re: IFIE and host families in Japan 2019/5/6 15:29
Whatever generalisation you hear about "Japanese people" should be taken with a bucket of salt. Japanese people are not all the same.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IFIE and host families in Japan 2019/5/6 16:51
「I have heard that the Japanese people are conserved and don't really accept foreigners but I have also heard that they are really curious and helpful. I am not sure how the family is going to feel about me and the whole hosting part. Any ideas?」

You can probably assume that any family that volunteers to host an international exchange student is going to be fairly accepting of foreigners. It's not like the families are forced to take part in the program.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread