Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax free items checking in question 2019/5/7 00:41
Hello,

I was wondering on tax free items when leaving Japan. I had intended to put my large tax free items (a few models) and some consumables in a box to be checked in as luggage when I leave Japan.

Is there an issue if I have my other friends tax free items in the checked luggage ad well? Or would they be considered mine now at customs?
by Billy (guest)  

Re: Tax free items checking in question 2019/5/7 10:35
So you will have some duty free items bought by your friends in your checked baggage?
Since the assumption for duty free is that the person who bought it will take the item out of the country with them, if customs ever check it will be your friend who might face a difficult situation as they don't leave Japan with the item and cannot show them upon departure.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free items checking in question 2019/5/7 15:52
Also, you will have to tick off where it asks you if you are bringing things in your luggage that someone else asked you to bring. That may cause problems as well....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread