Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to hakone 2019/5/7 11:46
Hi.
My buddy and i are in Tokyo, shinjuku at the moment. We want to visit Hakone but are unsure of the most cost-effecient way to get there. We have our suica cards but also the Japan rail pass (we havent eactivatedf it yet). Ifve read a bit about the hakone free pass but im still confused on the matter.
Hope someone can help :)
by Thomas Hupfeld (guest)  

Re: Shinjuku to hakone 2019/5/7 19:23
Shinjuku-Hakone is most logical to do by Odakyu line. There is a pass available for them depending on the days you want to stay in Hakone and how much you will ride around.

If you have a day on your JR pass that you donft use otherwise then the most cost effective would be to use JR until Odawara and Odakyu from there. But this depends on what is your overall plan and if you have that day available. Remember that JR pass is 7/14/21 CONSECUTIVE days!

Enjoy your trip to Hakone!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to hakone 2019/5/8 10:04
Odakyu Railway from Shinjuku to Hakone-Youmoto is Y880 to Odawara and then Y310 to Hakone-Yumoto. The benefit of using a JR rail pass is that it can save you 2 * Y880, or not very much, and the extra connections using the JR pass makes it a less attractive option (although it can be quicker in time if you get the timing right).
The Hakone Free Pass, depending on your route reduces the cost to/from a bit more as it does have some savings on transport costs for the day.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread