Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Expressway Passes for Driving 2019/5/8 15:30
Hi,

Will be visiting central Japan in early Dec 19 and will be driving. Need advice on whether it is worth for me to purchase the Expressway passes.

My intended route is as follows:

Narita - Yokohama - Mt Fuji area - Nagano (snow monkeys) - Takayama - Shirakawa-go - Nagoya - Mitsui Outlet Park Jazz Dream Nagashima - Yokohama - Narita.

A lot of travelling on expressways i would expect. Was hoping someone can offer advice (base on above route) whether i should purchase the expressway passes and which ones i should get.

Thanks very much :)
Derek

by Derek (guest)  

Re: Expressway Passes for Driving 2019/5/9 08:21
It also depends on for how many days your travel plan is......
You'll have to apply for the pass at your car rental company.
Depending on their business location (area), they can help you to a pass for "their" expressway area..
We are a a Camper Rental company based in Kyushu and and can only help customers to a Kyushu Expressway Pass.
But in general, if you are planning to drive the expressways due to restricted travel days, yes it's worth getting the pass. Even if you don't use it for a day or 2.
by Alishan rate this post as useful

Re: Expressway Passes for Driving 2019/5/9 10:12
Thanks Alishan. Nice of u to reply to my query even though its not in ur locale.

Much appreciated.

If anyone else has other advice, would appreciate it very much if u could share. Particularly on the different type of pass/passes i shld get.

Cheerios...
by Derek Lew (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread