Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/10 06:26
Will be arriving at Haneda in the early morning and plan to stay the first night in Tokyo before moving on to the Fuji area the next morning. Would like to ship my large suitcase directly from Haneda to the Fuji hotel. My early arrival and short distance means same day delivery is available.

Given that I only check in at the hotel the next day should I schedule for a delivery the next day or are hotels happy to accept delivery one day ahead of my check in? What is the edone thingf in such instances. Any unwritten rules?
by Manu (guest)  

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/10 08:26
Schedule it for the day you arrive. There is no need to consider other options.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/10 08:34
If needed some hotels will accept luggage before you come, but in that case I always phone ahead to let them know. In your case it is preferable of you let it deliver on the day of your checkin. You can select the time when it should be delivered so you are sure itfs there when you arrive.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/10 12:51
My early arrival and short distance means same day delivery is available.

Why do you think so? In my understanding, usual delivery service such as ta-Q-bin by Yamato delivers the next day if the distance is short. I know there are some exceptions such as the delivery in the Alpine route and station to hotel delivery in Kyoto (maybe in Tokyo also, I am not sure). Do you know there is special service between Haneda AP and Kawaguchiko?
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/10 15:12
Thanks. What is this special service?
by Manu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/11 08:47
What is this special service?

From HND to Fuji area? I don't know. I am afraid there are no such service. But in your case, you can use overnight delivery. As others mentioned you might better contact with your accommodation beforehand. They will receive your luggage, but prior notice will make it easier for the hotel staff.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin hotel delivery before check in? 2019/5/11 16:39
Thank you
by Manu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread