Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

WHV to work Visa 2019/5/11 11:21
I'm currently applying for the working holiday visa. My plan is to take a 3 month Japanese course in Tokyo and then travel from northern to Southern Japan doing WWOOF or some sort of farm work along the way. I am Canadian and I have a trades certificate with 7 years experience.
My question is can I switch from a working holiday visa to a work visa with my trade certificate and experience in the field? I have done a little research on it but I'm asking if anyone has done this first hand or knows anyone that has done it. Thanks
by Noah2019 (guest)  

Re: WHV to work Visa 2019/5/11 15:46
What kind of work? What's a "trades certificate"?

If you satisfy the requirements for a "work visa" you can apply for a change of status, which may or may not be granted.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: WHV to work Visa 2019/5/11 16:26
Additional to the questions of the PP:
- you need to actually find a job to apply for a work visa
- how is your Japanese? Or do you have some skills that are rare enough that you can work in English only?

Enjoy your time in Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread