Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pass for Tateyama alpine route 2019/5/12 06:29
Hi all, want to find out if I have a JR pass and want to stay a night at Murodo, what pass is suitable to get? I found eAlpine-Takayama-Matsumoto Area Tourist Passf but this pass also includes the JR trains which supposedly is already covered by the JR pass. The eTateyama Kurobe Alpine Passf is only for one way, meaning I cannot travel from Toyama to Murodo and the Dam and back to Murodo to stay overnight and then travel to Shin Omachi the next day. One other alternative is for me to travel from Toyama to Murodo and stay overnight. Then go to the Dam and travel to Shin Omachi the next day. Would I be able to use the Kurobe pass over the two days? Are there any other alpine pass suitable for my multiple trip purpose?

Appreciate any advice or clarification on the above. Cheers!
by Wlgdoremon  

Re: Pass for Tateyama alpine route 2019/5/12 09:35
Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Pass

Do you mean Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket (one way)?

http://jrtateyama.com/e/

This is not a "pass", and as stated it is "one way ticket". You can get off at any points, and then go on the same way but can't backtrack. If you want to backtrack, you must buy tickets for the section separately. It is valid for five consecutive days.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for Tateyama alpine route 2019/5/17 16:58
Thanks, yes I mean the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket. So, if I do not backtrack, can I use this ticket over 2 days, i.e. from Ogizawa to Murodo on day 1, stay overnight at Murodo and proceed from Murodo to Toyama the next day? Cheers.
by Wlgdoremon rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for Tateyama alpine route 2019/5/17 20:23
can I use this ticket over 2 days, i.e. from Ogizawa to Murodo on day 1, stay overnight at Murodo and proceed from Murodo to Toyama the next day?

Yes. Enjoy the Alpine route!
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for Tateyama alpine route 2019/5/17 21:19
I believe the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket is good for 5 days, you just can't back track with it. If you want to backtrack you need to pay out of pocket. So even if you wanted 2 nights at Murodo it wouldn't be a problem.

http://www.jrtateyama.com/e/index.html

by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread