Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asakusa-Odaiba ferry without reservations 2019/5/12 22:27
Greetings

I've read a lot about this service and I definitely want to go to Odaiba this way, but as I don't 100% know the exact day I'll be going (it will depend on the weather) I wouldn't want to bother myself with reservations and such, so I was wondering if I could just stay there, waiting in line for the first ferry to come and simply buy a ticket for me and my friend. Would that work?

I'll be going on mid-November, if that helps. Also, I've been told that it's a bad idea to go there on Monday, since all the major attractions might be closed, so I was hoping to go on Sunday or Tuesday.
by Second-timer (guest)  

Re: Asakusa-Odaiba ferry without reservations 2019/5/13 11:34
I took that ferry once from Hamarikyu to Asakusa and didnft have any reservation. Just be there a bit before departure to get your ticket. And if you can time it for a Tuesday that could obviously help reducing the crowds.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa-Odaiba ferry without reservations 2019/5/14 03:50
Similar experience to LikeBike.

A few years ago, I took a similar boat ride from Odaiba to Hinode Pier also in November. Granted it isn't to Asakusa, but in addition to one other couple, I was the only one on the boat. If you go on a weekday instead of a Sunday you might be a better position.

by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa-Odaiba ferry without reservations 2019/5/14 08:35
I've never considered doing reservations for the trips back and forwards I do - sometimes to Odaiba, sometimes to Hamarikyu. Getting the timing right to prevent a long delay is normally more important. For the last half-dozen trips there has been lots of space.

(And, yes, Mondays is the usual closed day for many places (museums/gardens/galleries), but Hamarikyu is open 7-days/week which is useful.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Asakusa-Odaiba ferry without reservations 2019/5/18 20:02
Thank you for all your useful answers.

I guess I'll try to be in Asakusa early to catch the first ferry of the morning.
by Second-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread