Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can Indian get the Shore Pass? 2019/5/16 09:30
I'm trying to book an air ticket with JAL Airlines from DFW, USA to DEL, INDIA and I see there is a 18 hours overnight stopover at Narita.

So I would prefer to go out and take rest in a nearby hotel and catch my flight to India next day morning.

So for this, Do I need a Transit VISA or Shore Pass will be sufficient? I have Indian Passport.
If the Shore Pass can be issues on arrival, please let me know what documents I need to carry and the cost to get the pass.

Also Do I need any prior paperwork/application before my departure?
by Sunirmal Dey (guest)  

Re: Can Indian get the Shore Pass? 2019/5/16 13:28
If you have an Indian passport, you'll need a transit visa or a shore pass which is issued by your airline upon check in. Contact your airline and see if they issue a shore pass.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can Indian get the Shore Pass? 2019/5/17 10:41
Thank you for the response. I spoke to the Airline and they said Shore Pass is issued by embassy they can not guarantee anything.
Some articles on web says -
Shore Pass, is only for the Airline Staff
Some Says, for Indian Passport Shore Pass is not allowed
Embassy said they are not aware of Shore Pass, I have to get an Transit VISA before hand.
Heard, Narita does not allow you to stay at airport overnight

So now, I'm confused with the 'Shore Pass' Procedure... and not sure if I should book the ticket through Tokyo.
by Sunirmal Dey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can Indian get the Shore Pass? 2019/5/17 10:54
Get a transit visa.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread