Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bullet train crowds 2019/5/16 14:36
Is the bullet train less crowded Friday night or Saturday night at 6:30pm? Thanks!
by Chunwong  

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/16 15:53
From where to where??? And what date?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/16 16:20
Generally speaking, business bachelors get on the train on the friday night.
As for the Shinkansen, the night of Saturday is vacant than the night of Friday.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/16 17:10
If I walk home after work and go to Nagoya Station it is crazy busy at the shinkansen.
Most people go home, or have travel etc.

As mentioned where you are departing and going depends how busy it is.
If you are worried about seat etc, you can make reservation in advance.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/16 23:23
To be honest, there are so many shinkasen going to multiple and the same locations where your coming from. I recommend going to the first or last train carrage as less people will walk that far up the platform and more likely to get a seat ;).

good luck.
by r43534 rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/17 00:53
I recommend going to the first or last train carrage as less people will walk that far up the platform and more likely to get a seat ;).

Sorry to disagree, but there are reserved seats only cars and free seating cars. If you donft have a seat reservation it doesnft help if you go to the far end to a reserved only car. You need to take a free seat car.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/17 01:26
On Nozomi, non-reserved cars are 1-3. Hikari is cars 1-5 https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet train crowds 2019/5/17 05:25
Without knowing from X to X location, from my experience in the north, Tohoku Shinkansen is generally rather not busy. During rush hour, it is busiest from Sendai onwards to Tokyo. I once couldn't buy a last minute ticket from Sendai to Tokyo because everything was booked solid. If you know what train you plan to take, you might as well purchase earlier in the day. If not, then wait after rush hour periods.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread