Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 02:51
Hi~~~

I will be traveling from Tokyo to Sapporo in mid November. I am wondering if there are any worthwhile stops along the way so that I should take the train instead of flying which is faster. I'm not worried about any cost different.

I did take the shinkansen from Tokyo to Sapporo last year but did not get off at any of the stops. I have been to Hakodate before in the past.

If anyone has any insights on this, I would be so grateful. Thanks ahead of time!
by jxhide  

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 09:33
Well, look up the pages about Tohoku and Hokkaido on this webpage or in a travel guide. There is probably 2 weeks worth of trip (or more) between Tokyo and Sapporo. You are essentially crossing half of Japan.
But if anything of that is interesting for you, only you can decide.

Enjoy your trip up North!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 09:33
Along the way, I enjoyed a stay in Aomori (it can get cold in winter). Not exactly along the way (with slight detour), Nikko and Aizu-wakamatsu were enjoyable, too. I stopped in Sendai and Morioka, but I did not enjoy those places as much.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 10:53
I did look through travel sites and this one as well (that's how i got to this forum). I didn't really see anything super interesting that would make me take the train for the specific stops it makes, but figured someone here might have another opinion of where it might be nice to go to.

Thanks O92. Will take a look again at the places you mentioned. :)
by jxhide rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 13:23
Well WHAT are you interest in?

If you didnft see anything that interests you, then maybe you are not interested in temples, Shrines, castles, onsen and nature. Which is totally fine. Everyone has her/his own interests.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by train stops? 2019/5/17 13:24
Zuihoden in Sendai is nice. The Matsushima waterfront. Hiraizumi. Nebutta Museum in Aomori. Noboribetsu.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread