Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Nagoya from Tokyo 2019/5/17 16:44
I ma travelling to Japan on aug, 20 to 24, Any suggestion on how to plan my trip, I have 3 kids 2,5 and 8 years old, we are planning to go disney land, nagoya legoland and the anime street in tokyo , should I buy JR pass?
by mafza  

Re: How to get to Nagoya from Tokyo 2019/5/17 19:41
Nagoya is about 11,000 yen by shinkansen. The pass is nearly 30,000. I would not bother getting a pass unless you're doing much more than a round trip to Nagoya.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Nagoya from Tokyo 2019/5/17 21:24
You have 3 kids child 1 is 8 child 2 is 2.5 and child 3 is???

Child 1 can get a child's train ticket which is about 1/2 the price of an adults.

Child 2 is free but is not entitled to a seat.

Child 3 is ??

Just make sure when booking hotels to put in your child's ages. At many hotels 7 and up count as an additional occupancy. I am going to Japan just me (mother) with my 8 year old child, but we count as 2 occupancy at many hotels.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Nagoya from Tokyo 2019/5/18 03:37
You have 3 kids child 1 is 8 child 2 is 2.5 and child 3 is???

Kids are 2, 5 and 8.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Nagoya from Tokyo 2019/5/18 03:57
Ahhh this is why I like the Oxford comma.

The 2 and 5 year old would be free then for trains and buses, but neither would be entitled to a seat, which is something to think about when traveling long distance. Both would be free in hotels.

The younger would be free for Tokyo Disney and the 5 and 8 year old I think are the same discounted ticket price, since I believe 4 is the cut-off age in Japan.

Maybe it's just the version of Klook and Voyagin on my web browser, but unless yours has the child price tickets, I would wait and get tickets in Japan for Tokyo Disney since the child price is close to 1/2 that of an adult. I got my tickets last trip at one of the Osaka Disney Stores and this year plan to get mine at my hotel.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread