Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it ok to travel to Hakone in June 5-7 2019 2019/5/23 10:22
Due to Volcanic alert at mount Hakone, is Hakone sightseeing cruise still on service? And area around still safe to travel to??
Please help me find out. Thank you.
by Conc Florida (guest)  

Re: Is it ok to travel to Hakone in June 5-7 2019 2019/5/23 17:23
Hi, yet it is still going, but part of the ropeway isnt operating. There are buses instead. https://www.hakone-kankosen.co.jp/foreign/en/

As for safety, i dont think that there is any extra risk. We were at Hakone on Sunday and Monday this week, and lived to tell the tale!
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it ok to travel to Hakone in June 5-7 2019 2019/5/23 21:34
Agreed with the other comment made. Also check the Hakone website for details as conditions can change quickly - thus meaning the activity may decrease and the ropeway opens again. This is common at many volcanoes in Japan.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Is it ok to travel to Hakone in June 5-7 2019 2019/5/24 09:10
Was there this week. The concern (in the media reports) was from many small earthquakes, but the real-time gas monitoring showed normal/minimal levels when I was checking a few days ago. I see this morning it is slightly higher but well below the level required for suspending operations due to gases..
https://www.hakoneropeway.co.jp/foreign/en/volcanic_gas/

As a bonus, as only the ropeway is out of action it seems like many people are choosing not to visit. It was my least crowded visit in years - buses, trains, ship all working fine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is it ok to travel to Hakone in June 5-7 2019 2019/5/27 01:09
Thank you so much for taking time to answers. It make me have less worried and look forward to have a new adventure.
by jitampai khokasai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread