Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/25 05:27
Good day

My wife is 4th generation nikkeijin and living in japan almost 4 years going to 5 years, she is a long term resident, my question is can she apply a coe or visa for spouse of long term visa? Is it possible so we can work together in Japan?

Thank you! Hope you can read and reply guys.
by Akatsu (guest)  

Re: My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/25 11:11
There is no "spouse of long-term resident" status. You can try to apply for LTR status for yourself.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/27 01:43
But is it possible that she can apply me a coe to work in japan? So we can live in japan also
by Akatsu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/27 08:18
The only way for you to come as a dependent. So your wife should apply for dependent Coe but it depends on your wife income and taxes if she earn more than 3 million and paying taxes chances of approval is high but if she earn less and not paying taxes there is 5% chances to be approved. And 2nd way is come as tourist visiting your wife and after apply for change of status from tourist to dependent best of luck.
by Alanwalker rate this post as useful

Re: My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/27 09:50
I think she is not earning 3 million yen annually, but she is paying all her taxes at the right time. What do you think sir? Is there a high possibilty for me to grant coe?
by Akatsu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My wife is longterm resident 2019/5/29 15:37
But is it possible that she can apply me a coe to work in japan? So we can live in japan also

Like I said, you can apply for LTR status (not "Dependent"!) in the usual ways (CoE+visa or change of status). As is usual, your wife can apply for the CoE on your behalf.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread