Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/25 19:11
hello everyone :) I hope your having a good day! Here's my questions :)

I am a filipino. I have a Filipina girlfriend in japan and she recently obtained her permanent resident card there.. I am planning to be a tourist there and we will get married in japan for me to obtain spouse visa.. is that possible? and what are the necessary documents do i need? or where should i start? and how long it will take the process? Thank you for your time, Hope i get best results from you :)
by John Keith Estrellas (guest)  

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/25 22:35
I think youfll need to apply for a dependent not spouse visa:

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01-format.htm...

Note that work on a dependent visa is only possible after getting an additional permission and not full time.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/25 23:02
I think youfll need to apply for a dependent not spouse visa

No; for spouses of PRs it's spouse. Dependent is for spouses of people on work/student status.

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 10:12
Thank you guys for your answers but is that possible that i can get 90 days tourist visa? what are the necessary documents?
by John Keith Estrellas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 12:31
About tourist visas, ask your local Japanese embassy/consulate.

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 13:42
The japanese immigration website clearly states the countries that get a 90 day visa.

As for documents. A simple google search would net you an answer in 0.03 seconds versus asking and waiting for responses.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 14:18
https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/philippine.html
https://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/00_000035.html
Above are the official guide to apply for temporary/tourist visa from the Philippines

And below give more detail steps involve in getting the temporary/tourist visa.
You most probably won't deal directly with the embassy but instead with accredited travel agencies for temporary/tourist visa.
https://www.thepinaysolobackpacker.com/japan-visa-requirements/

No one can answer you because only the authority can answer it.
You just have to apply, get your documents ready as best as you can.

Why don't you ask your gf to ask around the big philippines community in Japan directly with regards to tourist visa/ spouse of PR. You'll get more pointers and help much better than here.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 14:21
The japanese immigration website clearly states the countries that get a 90 day visa.

No, I don't think so.

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 16:16
by Hmmm? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/26 16:26
Well, firstly this is a page of the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, not of immigration (which is part of the Ministry of Justice). And secondly, it pertains to visa-free entry, not to tourist visas. Note in particular thzt the Philippines is not listed; indeed Philippine citizens cannot enter visa-free and require a visa.

Re: Marrying a permanent resident in japan 2019/5/27 08:30
For getting married in Japan it depends on your wife status before getting permanent there is different criteria and documents for Filipino nationals divorced, Widow or single have different requirements. And for tourist you will need a guarantor in Japan with good income and record that's all.
by Alanwalker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread