Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Installing air conditioner unit in back room 2019/5/27 12:09
Hello.

I want to install an air conditioner unit in a back room that doesn't have a veranda. I want to mount it on a side wall, which has a one meter gap between it and the neighboring building. There is also a window located close to there I want to install it

What happens to the external part in this instance?

Attached to the external wall? placed somewhere else and then a long pipe is routed to the internal part of the air conditioner?

Any ideas or has anyone done this?

Thank you.
by olryst  

Re: Installing air conditioner unit in back room 2019/5/27 18:52
Usually for rooms where it is expected that people will install air conditioning units, for indoor units there are a set of two sturdy metal mounting bolts sticking out of the wall (into the room) with a power socket and a round covered hole (for the hose to run through) next to it, and for outdoor units gsomeh space available, be it on a veranda or an overhead metal cage. Do you have those? If not, it may simply be not possible to install one. You could either take a few photos of your wall or just draw a sketch of your room layout and take it to an electrical shop where you expect to buy one, and ask what they say.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Installing air conditioner unit in back room 2019/5/27 19:15
If you are living in a rented apartment youfd also need the consent of the owner.

There are portable air conditioning devices as well, which might be an alternative solution.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Installing air conditioner unit in back room 2019/5/27 19:25
I agree with the points made by LikeBike.

There are rooms where it's simply impossible to install an air-con unit (we had one such room in our previous apartment unit, and we had to blast the air-con unit from the adjacent room and use a fan), so portable one would be a good candidate too.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Installing air conditioner unit in back room 2019/5/28 19:03
Thank you for the replies everyone.
by olryst rate this post as useful

reply to this thread